Sunday, April 30, 2017

Planting a Colorful Garden


Planting a Colorful Garden

I love this time of year when I can go out to my garden and see things starting to grow and everything is so healthy and green.  I bought some zinnia seeds and hope to get them planted in the next couple of days.
  

Zinnia are low maintenance, heat & drought tolerant, have brilliant color, and are easy to grow.  They look stunning in a vase.  There is only one problem with zinnia they can get powdery mildew.  There are some varieties that are now powdery mildew resistant.  Only water when needed and do not water the leaves.  I usually put a fungicide on them once a month or if needed.  It's easy to save zinnia seeds.  Simply let the flowers dry fully on the stem, then collect the seed heads and lightly crush them in your hand to release seeds 
 
Happy Gardening Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment